Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What Is Covert Hypnosis

Way back I wrote an article about covert hypnosis. I shared it here before but since I believe it depicts covert hypnosis quite well, I'm going to re-post it.

You can read the article here:

>> Covert hypnosis

Now, I've noticed that many people still think that covert hypnosis is some kind of mind control where the subject doesn't have any will and everything is directed by the hypnotist.

It isn't quite so...

Like with all hypnosis, in covert or conversational hypnosis, the subject is in a way agreeing to what's going on! That's why calibration is so very important.

While in clinical hypnosis in a formal environment, the subject explicitly agrees to being hypnotized, in a non-formal conversational setting the subject is implicitly agreeing on being hypnotized and following suggestions.

We're not creating zombies here, lol.

Now go and read that article. It's very informative.

No comments: